Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles (LAFLA) provides legal aid to poor and low-income people in Los Angeles County. Some of their services include supporting the following: immigration, eviction defense, tenant harassment, domestic violence, and expungement.
In the area of employment law, they can provide workers support with:
- recovering unpaid wages including overtime pay
- getting unemployment benefits
- legal advice regarding discrimination
- legal advice regarding workplace harassment
- legal advice regarding medical leave and other workplace rights